The quantities here will make about 4-6 servings, so adjust appropriately if you don't want leftovers. To make this healthy chocolate dessert, first mix together in a bowl:
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (choose either the 2% or the full fat -- remember, don't be afraid of fats, as they help balance hormones and provide satiety which lowers appetite overall... Greek yogurt is MUCH higher in protein than normal style yogurt, and also tastes creamier!)
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese (I passed on the fat-free and chose the part skim... I also was able to find ricotta from grass-fed cows at Whole Foods)
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein -- I like to use this grass-fed raw whey protein.
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp raw cocao nibs -- these pieces of 100% pure cocao add tremendous nutrition to the recipe and also a great crunchy chocolate taste (nibs are harder to find than cocoa powder, but can be found at most health food stores or specialty food stores)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 2 Tbsp each of chia seeds and hemp seeds (optional, but adds TONS of nutrition and a nice nutty taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a couple packets of natural stevia to sweeten
You now have a great much healthier alternative to chocolate desserts... one that is high in protein, fiber, and tons of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants... but is also incredibly delicious!